Monday, November 26, 2007

Donald Lawrence I Speak Life Gospel Music CD Review

One word depicts the cadmium I Talk Life from Donald Lawrence... AWESOME!

I Talk Life catches your attending right from the beginning with Healed and doesn't allow travel until the very last short letter of the very last song Beautiful Feet, which is another great path by the way.

I Talk Life have a nicely varied, premix of 16 paths that are very well written songs by this clearly brilliant artist. Most of the songs show a batch of the sort emotion that brands for a really great listen. Seemingly drawing from what I can only conceive of are him have existent life experiences. At different points touching on the most existent emotions like love, heartbreak, pain, failed human relationships and unachievable romance. They're all here.

Listen to I Talk Life and I believe you'll happen there's not much to dis-like astir it. The songs are inspired, the production is simply outstanding, and Donald Lawrence is clearly in top form. So much so that if you're level mildly into Gospels music you'll bask this CD.

While the full cadmium is really very good the truly standout melodies are path 3 - You Covered Me, path 7 - Don't Forget To Remember, and path 16 - Beautiful Feet.

My Bonus Pick, and the 1 that got Sensitive [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is path 2 - I Talk Life. Wow!

I Talk Life Release Notes:

Donald Lawrence originally released I Talk Life on October 12, 2004 on the Truth label.

CD Path List Follows:

1. Healed

2. I Talk Life

3. You Covered Me

4. Miracles

5. Right Now

6. Angels

7. Don't Forget To Remember

8. State A Prayer Intro

9. State A Prayer

10. Better

11. Wailin' To Dancin'

12. Lamb

13. Coming Strong

14. Restoring The Years

15. Beautiful Feet Intro

16. Beautiful Feet

Personnel: Donald Lawrence (vocals); disk jockey Rogers, Donnie McClurkin, Religion Evans, Ezekias Walker, Lalah Hathaway, Genus Vanessa Bell Armstrong, The Murrills, Carl Seth Thomas (vocals); Richard Smallwood (piano); Ramsey Jerry Lee Lewis (keyboards).

Recording information: Hinge Studios, Chicago, Illinois; Eclectic, Nashville, TN.

No comments: