Thursday, June 28, 2007

Diana Krall - Girl In The Other Room - Pop Music CD Review

Girl In The Other Room is the latest Pop CD put out by the highly talented Diana Krall who once again has delivered a brilliant collection of tracks. I'm confident Diana Krall fans, and Pop fans alike will be pleased with this one.

It's a rare day indeed that I get a CD from an artist that I can truthfully say does not have a bad track in the bunch. I'm more than happy to announce that's exactly what I must say about this one. There simply isn't a bad one in the bunch. No fillers here at all, with each song standing tall on it's own.

Diana Krall is one of those musicians that has the ability to just win you over with her talent. The kind of artist it's really a treat to be able to listen to.

I give Girl In The Other Room my highest recommendation. It just plain belongs in any serious music collectors collection regardless of genre preference.

While this entire CD is really very good the truly standout tunes are track 1 - Stop This World, track 2 - The Girl In The Other Room, and track 6 - Love Me Like A Man.

My SmoothLee Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 9 - Narrow Daylight. Good stuff!

Girl In The Other Room Release Notes:

Diana Krall originally released Girl In The Other Room on Apr 27, 2004 on the Verve label.

CD Track List Follows:



1. Stop This World

2. The Girl In The Other Room

3. Temptation

4. Almost Blue

5. I've Changed My Address

6. Love Me Like A Man

7. I'm Pulling Through

8. Black Crow

9. Narrow Daylight

10. Abandoned Masquerade

11. I'm Coming Through

12. Departure Bay




Personnel: Diana Krall (vocals, piano); Neil Larson (Hammond B-3 organ); Anthony Wilson (guitar); Christian McBride, John Clayton (bass); Peter Erskine, Jeff Hamilton, Terri Lynne Carrington (drums). Recorded at Capitol Studios, Hollywood, California and Avatar Studios, New York, New York.

No comments: